Writing can be as fun or as stressful as you make it to be, but the most important thing about writing is, as Nike would agree, just doing it. Whether you are working on a novel, or are writing because you just want to improve, writing prompts welcome everyone and benefit everyone.
As mundane as these can come to be sometimes, it truly is one of the best ways to expand not only your creativity and imagination, but also to sharpen your skills as a writer. The rules I will follow for the writing prompts for the sake of this blog are as follows:
- No matter what, write for 11 minutes straight with no distractions.
- note: Yes, you can just write “I don’t know what to write”
- note: These can be 15 minutes, 10.34 minutes, you choose however long you can commit to writing, I just really like the number 11.
- Make prompts a priority. This will keep your mind sharp, and active.
- Mainly, just let the prompt guide your mind to take you wherever it needs to.
I myself am getting into the habit of writing daily, and will post a prompt everyday and my response to it- no matter how crappy it is. The point of prompts isn’t to produce five-star writing, it’s just to write.
Happy reading and happy writing!